The Smooth-est And Tender-est 'Ngau Yuk Hor'/ Beef Koay Teow In KL + My Favourite Too! @ Soo Kee Restaurant, Medan Imbi, KL

Memories flooding back when I ate here yesterday. This restaurant serves one of the best 'ngau yuk hor'/ beef koay teow that I'd ever tasted before. It had been years since I last ate here...still, it tasted just as great today!

Ngau yuk hor/ beef koay teow (RM10) @ Soo Kee Restaurant, Medan Imbi, KL

I can still remember my parents brought my sister and I to KL to 'jalan-jalan' when we were young. And before we leave KL at night, we would stop by at Soo Kee Restaurant for dinner. Ordering their 'ngau yuk hor'/ beef koay teow is a must.


Soo Kee Restaurant exactly at 6pm when they start their business. Come any later and you'll be waiting for tables instead.

The chefs in action, warming up session before the crowds arrive. Busload of tourists ferried here to taste Malaysian's finest:)

FYI, just opposite Soo Kee Restaurant is another restaurant called Soo Kee's Son (Meng Chuan) Prawn & Beef Noodles, which is opened by his son. Hm, were they feigning animosity so that they can now cater for twice the amount of people? Suspicious, hehe. I don't know la...I only know about eating:)

My ngau yuk hor/ beef koay teow arrived about 10 minutes after my order. Large plate with spring onions, thick sauces and chunks/ strips of beef meat can be seen here.

Closer focus here. Creamy-smooth looking ngau yuk hor/ beef koay teow, formed by the thick sauce mixed with egg, plus the ever fragrant spring onions!!! Excellent!

Another closer view. How was the taste? The beef meat/ strips were medium in thickness but very tender, literally like eating tauhu/ beancurd, hehe. Well, not exactly (hehe) but you cant imagine how tender the meat is unless you try it yourself. The beef meat well marinated, evident by the amount of 'juices' that burst into my mouth when I chew on it.

Soo Kee Restaurant
14 Medan Imbi, 
Kuala Lumpur. 
Tel: 03 2148 1324

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 9/10. It had been awhile since a 9/10 food comes along. I'll come back another day and with an empty stomach to try out their other blockbuster noodle, 'sang har meen'/ big prawn noodles:)

No comments:

Post a Comment